I would like to start out of saying thank to one that have post on my posts here. Thank you for the information and uplifting stories.

I am now 5 days away from my surgery date and trying to stay calm. I have been though a lot of surgery from ankle surgery to a 3 disk fusion in my lower back. But this one scares me a lot, going through a 12 hours surgery. I cannot wrap my mind around it, how can a doctor with stand that long of surgery. I know he had as a lot of work to do. Rebuild 2 inches of my jaw, remove a small area of my tongue, rebuild some of the floor of mouth.

Monday I have my 1st meeting with his staff to go over the surgery details, ultra sounds of my legs to find the best area to remove some bone.

Some people months ago thought it was dumb for me to move to the Seattle area. But I look at this way, I was meant to move here. They have a strong cancer center and a strong ENT doctors here. I have found out the care here in Seattle is better then Las Vegas. If I was still in Vegas, all this work would have been done done at UCLA.

Again thank you for support from this great group. We are all a strong support group for everyone here.

Round 1 5/2007 - 35 Rad treatments and 6 chemo of cisplatin
TPN feeding for 5 months during treatment and after.
Tumor was on the right side of the tongue.

Round 2. Tumor on the lower back right jaw area. Surgery on 3/12/2010 to remove the tumor, rebuild the jaw and some work on the back tongue.