I went to a Country Music Festival this weekend with some freinds and there were lots of vendors there giving away free stuff. Well one of the Vendors was a smokeless Tobacco company, My friends signed up to get the free can of 'chew" , they wanted me to and I told them NO WAY ..they looked at me as though they didnt understand !!! SO to them and EVERY ONE in the tent ....(politley of course wink ) said "DO you see this ( pointing to scar on my neck) That is one of the leading causes of this cancer .....WHY would I want it ?

DO you know what they said ? ...." So you can give it to somone who does ..it is FREE.. I replied ..louldy but politley

" YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME HANDING THAT TO ANYONE ..I MAY AS JUST CUT OUT THEIR TONGUE "

Well some people turned and walked out .. as long as one person did ....mission accomplished !!

some of the people working for the vendor apologised and I said Hey ....if you are going to give it out or sell it people need to know the risk !!

My friends however proceeded to take it , cus it was free ...More power to them and the people they gave it to is all I can say !!! oh ya and

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO .....Are you even In there ...has it been that LONG? that you have forgotten ? do you see the scar and the tumor now from the surgery and the lesion on the right side now ? And you go give it to your husband ??? Well that my friend is a sign of true LOVE !!

Oh well to each there own right ...But because of this ...( i am starting tomorrow ) I am going to start calling around and see if I can get a place at some of the county fairs and hand out brochures on Oral Cancer awareness and even going to contact some local dentist to see if they will do free screenings !!!

smile Shar smile

Sharlee
35 year old Female Non smoker, very occasional alcohol ..Scc T1N0M0,partial glossectomy and left neck disection ,2/9/07 No rad deemed ness. 4/16 tonsillectomy ..Trimengenial Neuralga due to surgery