For the past 1+ years I have had progressively worse symptoms. Started as on and off left sided sore throat and ear pain. I was referred to an ENT who 1sr diagnosed post nasal drip and then relfux causing the throat irritation. Ive taken a ton of different nasal sprays and allergy meds...allergy testing was negative as well as negative ear tests and a FEES (swallow . reflux) test was negative for reflux but the ENT felt I still had the reflux but it was silent??!!. Took Aciphex for almost 1 year in total. Ear, throat back of tongue irritation / feeling persisted. Finally in Dec 2009 after almost 1 year ENT said I should see a gastro??...went to the gastro had an upper endoscopy...negative for reflux. Throat irriation has gotten progressively worse over the last year....now I have pretty bad left sided ear, throat and tongue pain. Visually I do not see any oral lesions other than some swelling on the floor of my mouth on the left under the tongue. I also feel like I have some submandibular gland swelling. I am scheduled for a CAT scan next week. Can this be oral cancer that has been missed / misdiagnosed for over a year? I have had tons of direct and indirect laryngoscopies and an x-ray of the soft tissue of the neck which was negative. Im really frightened....everything I read says OC needs to be diagnosed quickly yet I feel like I am / have gotten the runaround for over a year??

Michele
Long Island
Still Testing