Greetings everyone. My father is getting treated for Oral cancer of the soft palate. He diagnosed of cancer in August 2009. At that time the stage was T3N0M0. Oncologist prescribed chemotherapy. The chemotherapist put him up on TIP (Taxol, Ifosamide, Cisplatin) 3 cycles in 3 months. At the end of chemo, the oncologist prescribed IMRT 30 doses (I don't know the strength) with concurrent target therapy.
Here is the problem. He has developed some white patches and according to him they look like what they used to when he had been diagnosed with cancer. The oncologist is saying that it can be fungus infection (candidiasis is what i discovered from google) or the disease itself and he cannot tell at this moment. he has prescribed some drugs to counter act the infection. We are keeping out fingers crossed. Any one else develop this kind of white patches after radio?

P.s: Radio ended on 20th Jan and there were no white patches then. they started coming before a week ago. He is also suffering from xerostomia.

CG to father, SCC, soft palate - Aug09, 3 TIP, 6 Erbitux + 30 IMRT (60GY) - Jan 10
October '10, Left Partial Maxillectomy + Palatectomy + Recons, 8 methotrexate.Extreme pain in throat and head
August '12 - Right partial Maxillectomy, Left complete maxillectomy, Mandibulectomy, further treatment?