So I thought I read here once that someone would consume 3000cal/day after treatment, I don't know if it was either by PEG or mouth but my question is, what is a good rule of thumb of how many calories we should be needing after treatment?

I have lost nearly 60lbs since the beginning (alot due to the radiation and the mucus making me puke my guts out everyday, multiple times per day) and my husband seriously thinks I will be hitting the double digits in weight soon. I no longer have help with my 3 girls so my activity level has gone way up, I'm still consuming the same amount but the weight is just dropping.

I see the nutrionist at MDA in 2 weeks but wanted to get yalls insight before I talk to her. One of my neighbors is an oncologist and I use to work with him, he saw me outside the other day and immediately asked me how much I weighed and how many calories I was getting in. He said he tells his pts to eat 3000 calories/day too. So why has my nutritionist kept me on 1800calories!! I don't even get that much, I get 1200 per peg and the rest is suppose to come by oral food, so on average more like 1600calories/day.

No wonder I'm always hungry!!!!

Dx 3/27/09 @ 28 years old with High Grade MEC T4N2M0
Elizabeth, 33, mother of 3 girls (4,7, &8yrs old)
3 rds of chemo(Carbo/Taxol)
Rt Mandibulectomy, rt fibular flap,& rt ND with trach, picc,& g-tube.
30 rds of rads with weekly cisplatin
SCANS ALL CLEAR!
OCF Regional Coordinator of San Antonio Walk