I can not recommend one in the Chicago area. However, I was referred to the "Wound Treatment" area of my local hospital where a PT worked with me 2X per week with exercises that she had me doing 3x per day on my own also. I was fitted with a Therapeutic Edema Garment to wear at night made my Solaris. And I am thrilled to say it worked. I felt a bit bit vane at first complaining to my RO about my turkey neck - however, he was quick to make the referral to the hospital PT. I am now 7 1/2 months post treatment and no turkey neck. The exercises really helped. The edema garment made a big difference first thing in the morning but the exercises through out the day made the big difference. Cost of the edema garment was about $500 but my insurance paid for it after a bit of tap dancing.

DX 2/10/09; Stage 1 SCC side of tongue; Partial Gloss; PEG in 3/3/09; 3 Cisplatin; 35 IMRT; PEG out 7/17/09; Eating via mouth and walking 3 miles/day 4 wks after treatment end. 50 pound weight loss; Clear PET 09/09 and 09/10