Hi All:

Help! I was wondering if any of you know of a drink supplement that doesn't contain soy. I have been going to numerous ENT and gastro doctors to find out the reason for my putrid sweet mucus bubbling up in my throat in the a.m., and all that see I had radiation/chemo 2 years ago for tonsil cancer, assume that is the reason. Recently, I did find a gastro dr. who did a HIDA test and found out my gall bladder is only functioning at 8%, instead of the 35+ norm, so tomorrow I have my gall bladder removed (wish me luck). I also had a mucus culture-like test that showed a mouth yeast infection, and a soy allergy. Guess we can have other "normal" things wrong with us besides cancer, or cancer-related effects. Anyway, I've been drinking the Carnation Instant Breakfast VHC with Boost every day at lunchtime because I still have trouble swallowing. I noticed today that both contain soy. Do any of you have any experience with such, or know of another substitute I can drink to maintain my weight. Thank you.

Julieann

Julieann
Nov 2007 SCC on right tonsil following tonsillectomy. Was smoker, QUIT. (Stage IV T2 N2b) 7 weeks radiation one day/wk chemo (carboplatin and 5-FU). Allergic to Taxol; PEG in, lost 30 lbs. TX completed January 2008. PEG out mid- 2008. PET/CT 1/17/2011;2/3/12 NEGATIVE for cancer smile