Today is the first day of week 7 for me. I was hit by the Cisplatin and radiation on about week 3. However, how it he me was just that I'd get up just fine, eat breakfast, then WHAM, I'd be back down sleeping for another hour. Then up again for a few hours and WHAM, down sleeping another hour.

That's pretty much how I've been this entire time. I wake up and feel strong but within an hour to four hours, I'd be wiped out.

I talked to my RO today and she said, "The form from Guardian asks the date you are totally incapacitated (unable to work)" and you are not totally incapacitated so I have to put Not Applicable.

I told her that I'm wiped out from fatigue from the radiation and she said, "Hey, you drive here, you haven't lost much weight, you walk to your treatment room, You're not in a wheel chair, so you're not totally incapacitated."

She said that I should also send this form to my MO and my ENT to fill out.

So now I'm looking up Guardian (the disability insurer) and trying to find two new forms to send to these two.

Can I ask who your Short Term Disability company was? And who treated you for RAD? Also, did you send the forms to all your docs? Any info and insight is greatly appreciated.

Joel

P.S. regarding the food, yes, I posted in another location and noted what I did along the way but, quite frankly, I (and a 2nd opinion ENT I saw last week) think it was just luck, sadly.

Sadly because, of all the things that frustrate me most, the treatment and the pain we all go through (I've had a smaller share of it) hasn't seemed to change all that much in 20-30 years.

Thank God for this site!

Age 49, HPV 16+ SCC, T1N2bM0, Stage IV R Tonsil, 2 nodes, nonsmoker, lite drinker, 100 mile/wk biker, workout, play hockey, Tx:10/26--12/15/09, IMRT x35 70Gy, no surgery, Cis 1st rnd til some tinnitus loss after day 2, carbo next 3 wks, Peg in 3rd wk;still ate some solids 6th wk. 2012/05 Still Clean