Ok, I've obviously not been on this board since yesterday morning. No PEGAPHOBIA is NOT a male thing. There is no way in h..l I would have gotten a PEG unless there were no alternative. My RO never even suggested that I might need one and I only lost 4-5 lbs during the entire treatment, pounds that I wanted to lose anyway. I didn't even know about peg tubes until I logged onto this forum 5 years later and everything that I have read since about the problems they can have, have convinced me that if any doctor suggested I needed one for something, I would go with a NG tube first. I admittedly had no surgery in my mouth and had no chemo with my radiation, so my experience was much easier than most. I also think it is a lot easier for a 5'5 120lb female to maintain her weight than a 6' 200 lb male. We have to swallow a lot less of that nasty/no taste stuff. So I will take my medal and pray there never comes a day when some doctor decides he needs to put a hole in my stomach 'cuz it ain't happening.

Take care,
Eileen

----------------------
Aug 1997 unknown primary, Stage III
mets to 1 lymph node in neck; rt ND, 36 XRT rad
Aug 2001 tiny tumor on larynx, Stage I total laryngectomy; left ND
June 5, 2010 dx early stage breast cancer
June 9, 2011 SCC 1.5 cm hypo pharynx, 70% P-16 positive, no mets, Stage I