Kyle, I'm not sure what 3+2 days is, but I did have radiation and chemo without a feeding tube. I think there are a few more people on the board who managed without it.

It's not easy, I was on ensure exclusively pretty much from the second half of 7-week treatment until almost a month after it ended, but I managed. I did lose quite a bit of weight - probably 30 lbs over the course of the treatment, but I was lucky in the sense that I could afford to lose weight. I was very disciplined about eating, and my family and friends were very disciplined about cheering me on. It was hard, painful, and I had to take percoset and magic mouthwash before each meal, otherwise I couldn't swallo, it was so painful. My throat didn't become constricted, it was just mucositis and resulting pain.

Good luck.

38 yo@dx, female, non-smoker, non-drinker, SCC right lateral tongue. T2N2aMx stage IVa; 1/20/09 bilateral neck dissection, hemiglossectomy, micromets in 2 right nodes, left all clear. 33xIMRT + 3 cisplatins. Tx completed 5/08/09. PET scan 7/29/09 clear, 5/26/10 clear, chest x-ray 5/23/11 clear