Hi!

I haven't posted for awile, but I lost my Dad to NHL two years ago and my Mom to a heart attack 22 years ago. The holidays aren't quite the same but time passing does help if you realize that you are the only one who can truely make your holidays special. I honored my Mom's traditions and still wear an apron on Christmas Day (and Thanksgiving too, this year)that she gave me. My family knew in the early days that I was going to be sad, as they were too, but everyone gave me so much love, that the extent of their love was greater than the loss that I was feeling.
Everyone that I know who has lost a parent (especially Mom, who made our holidays special, all deal with it pretty much the same way...remember the traditions. Their legacy will live throughout time. smile

Donna

Caregiver to Hubby,Stage IVb, SCC to left tonsil, Mets to nodes, Tonsillectomy, Cisplatin,Taxotere,5FU x 3, IMRT 33 Rads + Carbo x 6, RND 03/09--Dx NHLymphoma 04/09, CT of chest, stom, pel--all clear, 05/09 Pet--all clear, 08/09 Pet--all clear