Ok, Petey had a good idea so I am going to open this up to everyone and the best ideas and suggestions will be placed in a "how to" guide.

Consider also that some visitors are not computer literate so instructions to the lowest common denominator should be considered for example "how to start your own topic" instead of burying yourself in someone elses thread. We have made every attempt to make the forum as easy to use as is possible but some persons still need help.

Some don't realize that posting in all caps is like having someone shout at you.

Many have posted acronyms over the years and they need to be in the "how to guide as well".
things like; CT = Cat Scan (or computer aided tomography for you technical types).
or ct = chemotherapy. Mark had made a good start on that a few years back.

Other things to consider are that many questions are already answered in the main (home) pages. How do we more efficiently get a new person there?

I personally would rather deal with the personal, individual, emotional, supportive and hope giving aspects than, like a parrot, repeating the same information over and over again. This aspect has taken its toll on senior members here and it impacts the quality of the responses. I, and I am sure Brian as well, get a fair amount of feedback on this.

And above ALL ELSE we must ALWAYS treat each other with dignity, respect and civility.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)