I went to see our Christine tonight. She looks good, obviously still has a lot of pain, and of course wants to get out of the hospital and come home!!

Unfortunately they have plans to keep her there for awhile. She is in the burn unit now, and in a few days will be transferred to the rehab center (which I think is in a different building).

This was the first day she was allowed visitors other than immediate family and she was really glad to see someone that wasn�t there to examine her or adjust her medication. As I said she is in the burn unit, and I came to the conclusion it would be easier to rob a bank than to get in there to visit someone without the proper password. And even with the password, I had to wait in the waiting room until someone would let me in, and then before I was allowed in the room I had to wash my hands, and put on a gown and gloves. Of course this was for Christine�s protection since and after what she has been through I certainly don�t want to add the risk of an infection.

The visiting hours Margaret posted are wrong � they do not allow visitors from 6:30 to 8:30 PM, not 7:30 PM and when I showed up at 7:30 they told me to have a seat until 8:30!! (Good thing I live nearby.)

She was off the breathing tube so she was able to talk to me. She really misses talking to everyone on OCF and I told her that everyone really misses her � the forum hasn�t been the same without her. I made a list of everyone who has posted a comment in this topic and gave it to Christine � it a really long list and she was really touched by everyone�s concern. I�m sure as soon as she can use the PC again she will back on offering advice to the rest of us!

If you haven�t done so already, please send her a card. I live nearby and will be back to see her every few days.

Susan

SCC R-Lateral tongue, T1N0M0
Age 47 at Dx, non-smoker, casual drinker, HPV-
Surgery: June 2005
RT: Feb-Apr 2006
HBOT: 45 in 2008; 30 in 2013; 30 in 2022 -> Total 105!
Recurrence/Surgeries: Jan & Apr 2010
Biopsy 2/2011: Moderate dysplasia
Surgery 4/2011: Mild dysplasia
Dental issues: 2013-2022 (ORN)