I won't complain about the Aussie health system again. After reading whay you guys have all written & hearing about the costs involved in your treatments, I feel for you all. I know you all have to have insurance, that is optional here. We have a public health system that can be accessed by refferals from our Gp's, if an emergency we go to emergency & they can make a referral. We have medicare which is I think 1% of our salary, but if a low income earner we get that back in tax, this equates to about $500. Rod has his feeding bags/syringes & formular delivered to the door, we pay nothing. We pay a little for the nurse to come to the home, but the hospital doesn't chase you for the money if you can't afford it. Scripts are $5.30au each if you have a 'healthcare card from the government. We wouldn't have survived here otherwise.....

Jeanna
Wife/Carer of Rod, 56, Dx 5/3/09, SCC Oropharnyx T4 N2, End Tx 28th 07/09, 7wks Rad, 3 Cisplatin, primary tonsil, 4cm Lymph right of neck, 1cm left, in jaw & soft palate & base of tongue. Peg 06/09. CT & PET scans 02/11 - NED. Dentures 20/09/11, PEG out 28/10/11.