I finished off my 4th of the last 8 BOOST treatments today and WOW you can def tell they "kicked it up a notch"! I never even used to really feel the radiation after treatment, by the end of that evening I would feel a little tingle on my tongue but that was about it. Now...lol, I feel like there is a hot piece of charcoal sitting on my tongue...actually its probably more like napalm since its so damn sticky and wont come off....lol! I can say what a difference a couple weeks make. My neck is really dark red and starting to blister and the mucuous is so thick that it is flat out gagging me at night that I am up about every 45 mins "hocking" it into a big cup that sits on my nightstand. I was always under the impression if your mucuous was greenish/yellow that meant infection. I understand my entire throat and tongue is one gigantic sore but was everyone else that color as well. I found that if I spit it out throughout the entire night that when I wake up in the moringing I am no longer nausious which is HUGE for me! Once again my RO saw me today and asked if I wanted to take the rest of the week off...."why is he pressuring me to take time off??? I asked him do you think I really need to take it off? He said no I just want you to be comfortable...lol yea like 4 days off is going to do that, all that is going to do is prolong this! I just want it to be over and done with!
I asked this question before and nobody responded. Did anybody during treatment have any nodes swell up on the opposite side of treatment or on the side of treatment right by your corrated? I have had this small lump there now for 2-3 weeks that everyone seems to think its nothing but it has me non-stop thinking that I am going back under the knife as soon as I am done with this treatment and back in radiation doing the right side! It is def smaller than what was on my right side and that was only 1.7cm and was not there at the beginning of treatment. All 3 of my docs including my ENT said it would make no sense what so ever for it to cross over to the right side especially during treatment. Just want to see if anyone else developed any small lumps as well. So I guess I am on the home stretch...weighed in today at 187 so I have lost 13 lbs since treatment started and for the past week it has been a PROJECT to suck down 4 of those CIB VHC's a day! I am still glad I elected not to go with the PEG but I will tell you it sure would make eating and staying hydrated a hell of a lot easier! I was about 2 hours away from heading to the hospital until I forced myself to drink and eat, hurt so bad my eyes were watering and my nose was running! Ok will keep you all updated as I continue! Thanks for listening!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 yr old M non-smoker (stuborn ass italian)
SCC left side Tongue 2/17/09, Partial Gloss. 2/25/09
Left ND 5/20/09 10 nodes, 1 pos (1.7cm w/xtra cap spread)
Finished Rads IMRT X 33 8/18/09 (70gy)No PEG, No Chemo
"On the long road to recovery 1 step at a time"