Thank you everyone for all of your kind words and prayers. We had a garage sale this weekend - he put up all of his tools and saws, truck, smoker, everything that says "Jim" up for sale and not many takers - basically a flop. This really depressed him as he feels like such a failure - can't work and can't even as he says - give things away...depression is surrounding me everywhere; it's all I can do to come to work and concentrate here without my mind wandering back to "it"...Tom, as far as the PET, our Dr. has made it very clear that the PET in oral cancer is just a guide to give them some inkling of what is going on...the uptakes that happen can be due to all sorts of various things...as far as the chemo, Jim pressed her very hard that he thought he could stand more, but she said no more as his liver results aren't good and that further chemo would render him sicker than he has been and once the liver and kidneys begin failing, there isn't any turning back....so for the quality of life that Jim wants, that he needs to refrain from further chemo. The pill that he is taking is causing a horrific rash (worst than the Erbitux) and he is very red, itchy and swollen.

Thanks again everyone for all of your heartfelt prayers and healing well wishes.

Paula

Caregiver to Husband 50 yrs.young-non smoker/non-drinker; Stage IV - all treatments stopped August 2009
Lost the battle November 23, 2010