Well I guess my somewhat "easy" ride is about to come to an abrupt stop! I woke up this morning very nausious from all the built up thick mucous and when I began brushing my teeth I started to gag and once that starts there is no stopping it! I began to dry heave BAD and coughed up some blood! I do not know if this is normal but I will speak with my RO today at treatment! I also have a small lump on the right side of my neck by my corrated that is tender to touch. My RO doesnt seem to think much of it saying it is just irritated and swollen from the radiation but I am honestly not buying that since it feels exactly like the lump on the left side that turned out to be a 1.7cm tumor! It is getting progressively harder to eat, I have basically been dealing with a sore throat and tongue since february but it is almost becoming impossible to swallow even water! Lol maybe I should have taken the PEG! Oh well, only 12 more treatments after today and I weighed in this morning at 192 lbs so I lost 8 lbs so far! I will keep you all informed!

30 yr old M non-smoker (stuborn ass italian)
SCC left side Tongue 2/17/09, Partial Gloss. 2/25/09
Left ND 5/20/09 10 nodes, 1 pos (1.7cm w/xtra cap spread)
Finished Rads IMRT X 33 8/18/09 (70gy)No PEG, No Chemo
"On the long road to recovery 1 step at a time"