I had the surgery and I still ended up with nerve damage so some of my muscles don't fire. I was given the option of an additional surgery where my doc said he would take a nerve from my leg THAT I DON'T NEED (don't you just love it when they say that?) and TRY to find the severed nerve and TRY to splice it together. Told me the rehab would be twice as long (appx 4 months 1st time) and said he gave me a 50% chance of success. YEAH RIGHT!!

Know what you mean about dew on a RB court. I tried to sneak on a closed, unairconditioned court in Fl and I had to jump down on the court to let my partner in so I hung from the viewing window and dropped down. Didn't think it was that far but when I hit the floor it was damp with dew and my feet slid out from beneath me and I landed on my TAIL...WHAM. Man was I sore. We didn't even play because everything was to slick.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.