My name is Georgette and my husband Michael (age 58) has been diagnosed with SCC Stage IVC - right tonsil, mets to the liver. He was diagnosed as Stage III in late January 2009, and on February 6, 2009 we found out it had metastasized to the liver. He did the Cisplatin cocktail - three rounds and after barely recovering from that journey the PET showed that the liver was clean. On May 26, 2009, he began the first of 30 radiation treatments to the throat/neck area - finished that July 7, 2009. He'll get a PET of the liver in a few weeks and within 12 weeks, they'll do a PET/MRI of the throat/tonsil. We were a fairly active couple, bike riding, boogey boarding, skiing, lots of exercise with our two large dogs. When he was diagnosed, it was such a shock, because he was so healthy. He did get the peg and has dropped a tremendous amount of weight. When I rub him, his skin crinkles up. When I look at him, I wonder to myself, where is he? I stopped working on June 30 because he was so weak and sick and I restarted working f/t on July 23. I have followed this forum for a while now and in spite of the knot that I get in my stomach, the lump in my throat, and the paralyzing fear that runs through my blood, I have also gained knowledge and inspiration from your various journies.

God bless you all and keep fighting the fight.

Georgette

1/23/09:R tonsil/tumor removed; spouse diagnosed SCC Stage T3N1M1; 2/6/09 PET shows lesions in liver; 3/2/09 Liver biopsy: AJCC Stage IVC; 3/5/09 Begin 3 rounds of Cisplatin Cocktail; 4/9/09 PET of liver: clean; 5/21/09:PEG; 5/26/09: radiation; 7/6/09: Complete 30 rad tx: hospitalized until 7/10/09