Really? As if people who lost their lives to cancer didn't have strong enough will to survive?

I think it's absolutely natural to get angry and bitter. Don't tell me that you all just cheerfully said you were going to beat it and waltzed cancer-free into the sunset.

I'm trying to maintain positive attitude and stay productive and active, and boy it's not easy. I don't fall apart or wallow in self-pity too much, but if I hear one more time to stay positive or not be angry and be loving and forgiving, I'll scream.

I'm loving my family and my friends. Am I loving and forgiving what the life had thrown at me? No freaking way. Who should I be forgiving, by the way? I want to punch his face. Maybe that'll give me some degree of very temporary satisfaction and set me on the serene path to ohm-iness.

38 yo@dx, female, non-smoker, non-drinker, SCC right lateral tongue. T2N2aMx stage IVa; 1/20/09 bilateral neck dissection, hemiglossectomy, micromets in 2 right nodes, left all clear. 33xIMRT + 3 cisplatins. Tx completed 5/08/09. PET scan 7/29/09 clear, 5/26/10 clear, chest x-ray 5/23/11 clear