Brain put it in perfect words....having been through a similar battle with my mom not long ago, I couln't agree more with what he says. I have to say, in my mothers doctors defense, that he assured her that he would want the same. If there is something that can be done that will be beneficial, not only adding on some time, that's a different story. However, if it is only a matter of time, comfort and peace of mind for the family as well as the patient should be priority. My family all got a chance to talk intimately with my mom, and tell her all the things we ever wanted to say. And even though watching someone you love so tremendously get ready to "move on" to their next level is a miserable thing, it is also a great chance to speak openly and honestly about feelings, fears, hopes, and love. I know for sure that I have no regrets..because I said all I needed to say. That does give some peace of mind in the long run...trust me. My prayers and thoughts are with you, your mom and entire family.
brooke

Hope is the one thing no one can take away from you!!!